Monday, May 20, 2013

The Start of it All: For many years I struggled to find what I wanted to do with my life, I have been everything from a Singer, Plumber, Restaurant Manager. None of these seemed to fit. Then an opportunity came to me via a friend, it was an observation day with a exterminator as they were called in those days. We worked for 13 hours that day, and I swore I would never go back. That was 10 years ago now. My name is Chris Abele, and I am a professional Pest Control Operator. First off, let me say a little about me. I was born on July 4 1978 to goodly parents, who showed me a lot of love and caring all throughout my upbringing. Being the Son of Diane Ferree and Jerry Abele was not all sugar bumps and cocktails. My parents divorced when I was 8 years old, an all too common practice nowadays. I stayed with my mom but went and visited my Dad on every other weekend and whenever I wanted to see him. I believe I got my care for children from my mother and my work ethic from my father. I went to a Catholic School (GO CAVS) and graduated from Lehman High School with 63 of the best classmates a guy could have. I was an odd kid however, and some of my worst memories are from those days, although things always tended to work out in the end. Maybe we will touch on that later in time. I attended college and did get my associates in General Studies with a weight on BM, and went to work....... Straight to McDonalds. I had worked there since I was 14 and it just seemed a logical progression at the time to continue on there. I took a managers job in Bellefontaine Oh, and promptly met my first wife, Dawn. (We definitely will touch on this later) After 6 years as a manager, I started looking for different work, and along came my current employer. Skip a few years,( I don't want to spoil the stories) to today. I am now married to my Second wife Dawn,(IKR?) and am the proud step father of Braeden and Katie, and Father to Kristyn. Let me tell you, of all the jobs i have held, Being a Father is by far the most rewarding. OK, a little bit about this blog: First some rules. 1. I wont mention anyone by name, it could get embarrassing and I don't want legal issues. 2. I will be telling stories on most posts, these are all true stories that either happened to me, or someone I know. 3. If you recognize yourself, its not intended to shame or embarrass, only to educate. 4. If you have a question, Please Ask! I will get to you. 5. I would welcome other opinions and stories so please comment when necessary, although I insist that it is clean. And so it will go! I am hoping to post something every other day or so, but as things progress along that may change. I will always take requests for tips of the day or something that you would like to see. Please get ahold of me, or friend me on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you started this. Can't wait to read your first story.

    ReplyDelete